Sunday, September 19, 2010

Design stuff... Sort of.

I've been busy working on a couple of personal projects. I'm gearing up for another short film, and possibly a pitch. I'm really excited about the next short, and I've been trying to work on it whenever I get free time. I've finally gotten to the point with the story where I can start thinking about design, or at the least the early stages of it. I was going in one direction then realized it was too forced for me. Every time this happens its usually because I'm trying to prove to myself that I know how to draw and then I try to make everything look like someone else's stuff, which is always a recipe for disaster. I think for now rather than stay in comfort zone I'll will try something new, but stay true to myself. I'm really diggin' what I have so far, and I hope you do to.



This one is more of where I started out. I may have been looking too much at "ARt of Books", Thanks for nothin' you super talented sons of bitches. The last thing I want is to be a cheap biter of awesome stuff.

These next few are where I'm going! They may not be amazing drawings, but they pump me up and I have fun doing them.






13 Comments:

Blogger :: smo :: said...

dude, your shit rules!

as animators i think we spend a lot of time training ourselves to draw like other people...and we don't spend enough time drawing like ourselves.

that dude up top looks good too, but the other stuff looks like it's in motion already! go for it!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Matt D. Lee said...

"Thanks for nothin' you super talented sons of bitches." HAHAHAHA

8:54 AM  
Blogger Tony DiStefano said...

Mike how you been kid? I dig the guy on top.Nice flow.Very funny.
Good luck with your pitch.

7:42 PM  
Blogger ALBERT PARDO said...

I know work is crazy right now, but I hope this is coming along, its gonna be dope...

11:46 AM  
Blogger chrisallison said...

awesome! cool monsters. looks like we're in for a bit of action! can't wait to see it mike, you seriously rock!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Tim Rauch said...

whoa the stuff in pen is WAY better and IS awesome. the first thing feels forced and formulaic. the newer stuff is lively, dynamic and exciting. drawing freely is the way to go!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Dagan Moriarty said...

wow, been too long since I've stopped by here, Mr. Carlo.
:)
Great stuff... These drawing just scream that you're having fun.

hope all is well with you, amigo.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ben Li said...

gawwwkking at ur dailies... now i found ur blog...O_O!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Chelsey Holeman said...

Your work is so silly! I love it! :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-07-01keyun
hollister clothing store
coach factory outlet
oakley sunglasses
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
nike roshe run
nike store
kobe shoes 11
ray bans
jordan shoes
jordan 11
tory burch flats
nike uk
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
vans sneakers
oakley vault
retro jordans 13
michael kors purses
hollister jeans
louis vuitton handbags
christian louboutin shoes
air jordan 4
adidas nmd
timberlands
nfl jerseys
tory burch shoes
louboutin femme
cheap air jordans
cheap toms
ladies cartier watches
replica watches
ghd hair straighteners
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
lebron 12
coach outlet
gucci bags

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors outlet
hollister uk
adidas nmd
coach factory outlet online
ugg boots
moncler uk
goose outlet
michael kors
uggs outlet
nike tn pas cher
201612.24wengdongdong

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Obat Radang Gusi (Gingivitis) said...


Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Pengobatan efektif Menghilangkan Benjolan di Payudara
Cara Mengobati Sakit Dada secara Alami
Cara Mengobati sakit Telinga Secara Alami
Penyebab Ginjal Bengkak dan Pengobatannya
Obat Tradisional Radang Tenggorokan
Cara Menyembuhkan Selesma(Flu) dengan Cepat

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Obat Penyakit Intususepsi said...

Thank you, the article is very petrifying, hopefully it can be useful for everyone.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home