Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Short




I think every single post starts off with " I've been busy as shit lately!", which is totally awesome. I've been bouncing around alot, working freelance, and even testing for a character design postion on a new CN show, which I was fortunate enough to land the gig. Now that I have a steady job for a while, and things have calmed down I am going to get back on this short film of mine. I boarded it out over the course of August and September, and with the exception of a few minor changes, it's ready to roll. I'm really trying to see this through. It's a bit of an undertaking, but it's an idea I've had for a while now and I really want to make it. Here are some random sketches of the main character. I am going to keep it loose and really fuck with his design throughout the short. I am not doing any of that turnarounds bullshit, or trying to make it look like something. I just want to draw in a way thats super fun for me to do. I might not even rough things out sometimes. These were all drawn straight ahead with very little or no roughing out at all. I'll post some more stuff when I get home later.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

nice dude...cant wait to see it in motion...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tony DiStefano said...

Mike,Im glad to hear you have been doing well In such a poor time. Congradulations on the new gig.Thats great news!Do you have to move to La?
I like this guy you designed with the top hat. Love the driving pose.
Look foward to seeing him animated.

8:19 PM  
Blogger ALBERT PARDO said...

dope stuff mike, some of these ruffs look a little chuck jones-ish, nice work...

..just make sure I'm in the credits....

7:12 AM  
Blogger david said...

haah great! i love me some giant phone drawings. cool design!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

Well done on the design gig.

You're a class act in this city, matey.

3:37 PM  
Blogger chrisallison said...

AWESOME design mike. super funny. can't wait to see your short. please please please show us some progress stuff. i wanna see how you work!

8:39 PM  
Blogger WIL BRANCA said...

Carlooooooooo!

Lookin' good, dooooooood!

Congrats on the gig & on the short. Looking forward to both!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

2015-10-9leilei
Louis Vuitton Handbags Official Site
true religion outlet
coach outlet online
michael kors uk
mihchael kors bag
cheap ugg boots
louis vuitton handbags
Michael Kors Outlet Discount
ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance
ray-ban wayfarer
uggs outlet
ralph lauren
canada goose sale
Coach Outlet Store Online
Canada Gooses Sale,Canada Gooses Jackets,Canada Gooses Coats,Canada Gooses Parka
tory burch sale
Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Online
Michael Kors Outlet Online Sale
Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Handbags
Canada Goose Outlet Online
michael kors bags
michael kors outlet online
Gucci Outlet Shoes Online

2:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gucci outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
tory burch
jordans
air jordan shoes
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton outlet
burberry outlet
coach outlet online
rolex watches
201612.24wengdongdong

12:16 AM  
Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...

I definitely love this site.
https://www.goodnightjournal.com/author/prokr/
https://sites.google.com/site/prokrservices/
https://myspace.com/broker5577.gmail.com
http://dar-alsalam.net/

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ya Rohman said...

Permission to share friends, articles about health and hopefully useful for all

Obat Pelancar Haid Alami Obat Susah Kencing Obat Mata Glaukoma Cara Menyembuhkan Polip Hidung

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home